CHAINSAW OPERATORS’ TROUSERS
Our Buffalo has stood the test of time protecting the forestry industry since 1992, and going strong.
HOLISTIC PRODUCT: The chain clogging pad offers good protection & it’s light and cool, minimising operator fatigue.
COVERAGE: The chain clogging pad extends from hip to ankle & fully encloses the calf from knee to ankle.
The Buffalo 16 is:
EFFECTIVE and DURABLE
LIGHT and COMFORTABLE
A great combination in the South African climate.
Made with the same
ATTENTION TO DETAIL and
as all Pangolin products.
The best chain clogging fabric, polycotton work wear, YKK zipper, nickle press stud, high tension thread etc. are used in this garment.
POLYCOTTON WORKWEAR: 65% Polyester and 35% cotton outer combines maximum strength with he cooling qualities of cotton.
CLIMATE CONTROL NYLON: Protects the chain clogging pad from brambles, oil & water. Light weight to facilitate air flow/reduce heat.
PROTECTIVE TAPE around the hem prevents boot wear. A double layer of fabric reinforces the seat area.
Available Sizes: Small, Medium, Large, XL, 2XL, 3XL, 4XL
PLEASE NOTE: This trouser is NOT EN/SABS CERTIFIED
It does pass the EN cut test at 16m/sec
The chain clogging pad offers good protection, while ensuring the trousers are light & cool, reducing operator fatigue.
* Studies quantified in the SA Chainsaw Safety and Operating Handbook (produced by FESA & ICFR), reveal that 12% of leg injuries occur in the calf area.
NOTE: The user of this trouser must be skilled in the correct and safe use of the chainsaw, as the safeguard offered by this garment in no way offers total protection against the use of a chainsaw or its improper use.
The user of this trouser must aquaint themselves fully with the instructions for the operation of the chainsaw; and correct care of the garment itself.
- Always use chainsaw operator trousers when operating a chainsaw.
- Make sure the garment fits you comfortably and is in good condition. When fitting the garment, ensure that the chain clogging fabric extends over the safety footwear.
- Wash according to instructions on the label. Washing temperatures higher than the recommended 40/60 degrees Celsius, or tumble drying this garment may cause shrinkage, reducing the coverage & effectiveness of the chain clogging fabric. Reshape the trousers after washing, while still wet. Air dry in a flat position.
- The protective pad must not be altered in any way. Once the protective material has been damaged, the safety of the trousers is compromised therefore DISCARD the garment immediately. The hem may be turned up by 25mm, not more as this would interefere with the protective fabric.
- The purchaser is held liable for disposal of used garments in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Chain cutter angle: Sharpen according to manufacturers specs.